Sunday, December 04, 2005

Bangkok

Hello there, we're currently in Phuket, one of those typical paradise islands you see on the posters with the golden sand and palm trees. However the weather is the worst we've had yet (It rained yesterday and it rained today, weak)

I doubt there'll be much to report from here as it's just a chill out on the beach sort of place but hopefully Em and James will arrive soon.

Bangkok was hot and humid as you might expect. We arrived on the first day and fell for one of the oldest scams in the book, a friendly guy asked us where we were going and ended up sending us on a tuktuk tour of the town which also included a stop at a tailors and a travel agents, but we did get to see a 45m tall Buddha which we would never have found otherwise so it wasn't too bad.

The next day we went to the floating marked which used to be really cool about 25 years ago but now it is seriously over-touristy and rather a waste of time. Fortunately it only took half a day so we could see the temples in the afternoon which are amongst the finest we've seen. I'll do some photos soon. That night we went to Patpong, the red light district of Bangkok. The main road wasn't really the sort of place we wanted to chill and have a drink so we went to the gay alley next door where the places were more welcoming and had a few drinks. Later we watched an Elvis/Tom Jones act on straight street with a rather dodgy looking backing dancer, you'll see what i mean soon.

The next day we went around the commercial district of bangkok and then got an overnight bus down to Phuket. We plan to stay here a few days and then go over to Koh Tao for a scuba diving course and then Koh Phangan for the full moon party, should be fun.

As a final note i'd like to say congratulations to Suze for going out with me for 4 years, scary stuff eh! :)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, four years ago we were still all getting to know each other. Seems forever ago, and I'm sure for Suze it feels longer than that...

Well congrats anyways and I'm sure you'll remember this anniversary for a while.

Monday, 05 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

freakin hell thats a long time. congratulations the pair of you - i can't believe the rohypnol hasn't worked it's way out of her system yet ash. good effort.
shit i wonder when my anniversary is....??

ah well, i'm off to paris this week so clearly not as good as your stuff ash but at least i'm sticking the uni with the bill so that'll help.
hear that Tom?! a FREE holiday. cause i'm ace.

o yeah, whats your blog page matt? i forgot to bookmark it.

later peeps, or should that be au revoir?

Monday, 05 December, 2005  
Blogger Simon said...

ooh! 4 years!

that kind of emphasises my inability to hold down a relationship! *3 months* YEEEESS!

:)

Monday, 05 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ash - I feel kinda out of my league in this blog world (I hadn't even heard of one till you sent me the link). I was like "what the hell is his blog?". Anyway I am making a valiant attempt to join in.

Can't believe it has been 4 years - I think it must be the stylish way you carry your money in that bum bag thing that does it for her ... right Suz?

Sounds like you guys are having loads of fun - please more funny pics of Suz like the banana one - oh yeah and the one where she looks like she is falling down the great wall of china ;-)

Take care guys
Oh just seen the bit below and am confused am I am blogger or other - think I will be other - here goes

Monday, 05 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

now I realise you won't know who I am - its Liz

Monday, 05 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Al, I think you'll find that if you click on my name above you'll be whisked there with the greatest of ease (and style knowing you!).

Or it's linked off Ash's blog if you look down the right hand side...

Or you could just remember it, what with it being my name and all...

Monday, 05 December, 2005  
Blogger Ash said...

You guys are all lovely, i feel blessed. (Alan may not sound sincere but i can tell he's thrilled really)

Liz, thanks for coming aboard, your comment amused suze and I greatly, though you may be disappointed to hear that my money belt has been living in my day bag and has barely seen the light of day, though suze does make me wear it at night some times so she's still happy ;)

I've just spent ages putting all my photos onto CD so i can't be bothered to write more now. We start our diving course proper tomorrow, it should be fun. We met Em and James for 2 nights the other day as well, full report to follow.

Saturday, 10 December, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home