Saturday, October 29, 2005

Hoi An

Well we decided not to stop long in Hue as the buses to Hoi An ran quite conveniently so we spent 4 hours in Hue and saw the citadel and then got back on the bus.

Hoi An is tailor town, there are around 200 tailors in an area the size of a supermarket car park, it's also a nice town and a world heritage site to boot so suze and i have been chilling out and buying a few clothes. I came away with 1 pair of shorts and 1 pair of trousers,now i have 2 pairs of trousers and 4 pairs of shorts and i'm about 30 quid worse off, seems reasonable. Suze has spent about 70 quid.

We hired bikes today (20p) and went down to the beach, however we didn't really comprehend that we were going to a beach and didn't take swimming gear or towels or anything, strange indeed. It wasn't very nice weather so it didn't really matter but we got to cycle past houses on stilts and rice paddies which was cool. Tomorrow we're off to Na Trang which is a beach town,hopefully the weather will be a little sunnier, it's about 30c here but quite cloudy and humid. We may get scuba lessons there or we may wait til Thailand, it all depends on the weather.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i cannot believe you got away from hoi an with that little stuff. we all know how much bendy bought. and do you mean to say you havnt hired mopeds, crashed them and been arrested yet? enjoy na trang its messy...

xxxxx

Saturday, 29 October, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I'm very impressed that Suze only spent £70. And also impressed that you spent £30!

Saturday, 29 October, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, I d like Hoi An. You cycled off the oppositte direction to me, I never did make it to that beach. I would love another shping trip their some day.

Thught I shuold let you al know I've been very original for halloween ths year. Yeterday I went to party dressed as a ghost. I am hapy to report that I didn't get tied to any banisters this year and I also didn't throw up once. Twas rather an entertaining evening, I switched costumes halfway through the night with smeone else whse face was covered up, confussing many people terribly. He'd deliberatly not spoken once when in costume. People had thought they'd figured out who it was until that is they saw him walkng around at the same time as me! Muchos fun

It's so strange being somebody else.

Na Trang - There's a restarunt/Bar you must go to if yu can find it. I can't remember the name of the place. It's a 2 story building on one of the corners of a T-junction, the outside walls are all glass. It's on the main tourist street near the end where the infamous sailing club is. (I may have missremembered some of those details)

Anyway, they sell exquisite meals there that I think will be to your taste. Half a pinaple partially hollowed jam packed full of tasty rice and bits.

Not the best directions, but perhaps you'll happen upon it.

Bendy

Saturday, 29 October, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

According to my Lonely Planet for Thailand, the island of Ko Tao (near Ko Samui and Ko Phan Ngan) is the cheapest place, and arguably one of the best places, to do scuba diving. They say that you won't find the PADI course cheaper anywhere else in the world. The other thing about scuba diving there is that you might get to swim with Whale Sharks!!!!

Just thought you'd like to know.

Monday, 31 October, 2005  
Blogger Ash said...

Binx, i can't believe how much stuff i bought, at one point i asked a guy to copy my green shorts and he said ok and asked me to pick 3 colours, i was like errr 3? but still ended up getting 2 pairs the same. No arrests for us yet, but plenty of time left!

Bendy, didn't read your comment in time to find that place but it was quite probably shut anyway, thanks anyway. Most of the people we were with on Halloween were ill but we were very sensible.

Dave, cheers we're going to have to dive in Thailand if anywhere and that sounds like a good place. Hopefully it'll be a dryish season in december, i still haven't got my head around the Thai climate

Wednesday, 02 November, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home