Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Beijing

Hello from China!

As far as i can tell my blog is not viewable to those within China, no doubt due to my radical political ideals, but i've managed to read all the comments posted (via email) so thanks for those.

It's my last night in Beijing, had a cool time so far but there is certainly a language barrier here, Beijing is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world but all the tourists are bloody chinese, and we came during national holiday week so there were plenty here this week. Still it hasn't affected us too much, the Great Wall was very busy but i think that's pretty standard.

So first things first, i arrive in Beijing safe and sound but my bag didn't! Great start, i made a report and fortunately it turned up at my hostel the next day but it was an anxious 24 hours. I didn't fancy replacing all my stuff in Beijing. Jetlag kicked in and we slept from 7pm til 12pm the next day. That day we went to Tiannenmen square, apperently the biggest in the world, i can believe it. We found a cool night market where any food you could wish for can be purchased on a stick including octopus, grasshoppers, scorpions, starfish, silkworms and seahorses!

Next day we went to the great wall, WOW, it is a crazy structure, we walked up a section for about half an hour and we were knackered, i'll put some photos up once i've bought a USB cable which i forgot to bring.

Well we're off to Tokyo tomorrow, pretty excited about Japan but it's going to be pricy, i think my total expenditure in China is about 50 quid, my rail pass in Japan is 140 alone but it'll be worth it and i can always go back when i actually have some money. Keep the comments coming and i'll keep writing, it's in your hands!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanna go to Japan :(

*makes big fuss and scene*

Don't forget to try a warm sake in a hot spring. It's meant to be the best.

Thursday, 06 October, 2005  
Blogger Simon said...

This whole monitored internet thing is creapy! Might be an idea to not call them *Bloody Chinese* in your blog :)

I'd like to try sea horse, sounds lovely but i doubt there's much meat on them. I'll stick with puppy from now on.

Friday, 07 October, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home